I'm going to work backwards I guess and sum up my summer to kick off this blog.
I left home this morning. Pulled into Pittsburgh late in the afternoon, checked into the hotel and had some dinner. It's a weird feeling thinking about that I won't be going back with my family this week.
I didn't really say goodbye to too many people. My mom's family, two friends, my boyfriend, and his family. I was kind of a mess so I actually tried to avoid some goodbyes that I knew would be hard. Selfish, perhaps, but I avoid sad/upsetting things if I can get away with it. I feel bad about it now, because there is one person who deserved a real goodbye that didn't get one. I'm sorry =(
Packing was weird. I had to not only pack the stuff I was going to bring with, but the stuff that was staying too. While I'm gone, my parents are going to insulate the walls in my room and my sister's room and switch them so my sister gets a few years in the bigger room. Packing up almost everything one owns is really weird. I'm kind of excited for my new room design anyway, so that's fine. I'm not too upset about not having my room anymore so that's good.
So before all that, there was the work thing. That was pretty awesome. My job at the magazine was pretty sweet. (www.bleechmagazine.com) The stuff I worked on was great, and a lot of fun. I hope I get to work on it more in the future.
And finally, the boy thing. We spent most of the summer together, watching movies, eating, and talking mostly. We watched a ton of movies. My favorite day: Star Wars marathon.
Six movies (viewed 1-6)
Fourteen and a half hours of film time
One. Epic. Day.
Close second: Celebrating three months of our relationship spending a day watching the entire first season of "The Big Bang Theory"
I'm pretty happy with how this summer went, even if I did spend most of it laying around and very little of it reading. I worked, I got through my movie list, I packed up, and moved out. A full summer I think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow. I finally know what you did this summer.
And don't worry. I don't know how many good byes I'm actually going to be able to take either, so I'm kind of glad you didn't get to me.
You sound so cool. "I got to Pittsburgh this morning..." It's a real town that people recognize. Like, "Hey! Wasn't that on that one episode of Boy Meets World or something?" Whereas Grand Rapids is like "Hey! ... yeah, never heard of it."
Keep me posted. Or I guess, in this day-and-age, keep me blogged.
=D
Post a Comment