So I suppose it's about time for another post, eh?
So there have been some crazy things that have happened since I moved in.
First was orientation week, which was pretty awesome. It was like camp. I made some new friends, stayed out much too late, and on many occasions, wondered how most of my floor managed to go out drinking every single night.
Downside to moving in: Since I've lived here, I've had two nights that I've slept all the way through. Last night, and the night before. My back had been acting up since I've been here, and that's rather troublesome. I've had to get a new mattress, an awesome foam mattress topper, start going to therapy again, and I've also started taking Celibrex. >< ew. I was doing rather well at home. Unfortunately, walking around all day to class and meals and whatnot isn't quite as easy as watching movies for twelve hours. Ah well.
Other adventures: The first night of actual school, our floor took the fence. Yes, I sense your quizzical looks, so I'll explain. There is a fence at CMU in the middle of campus. It gets painted by various organizations for various reasons. The rules: To maintain possession of the fence, you must have two people guarding it at all times. If no one is there, someone else can steal it and repaint it to suit their purposes. All painting must occur between midnight and six am. So some of the girls on our floor took the fence Monday afternoon, and we all went out that night to paint it. We also only had three brushes, so the rest of us just used our hands and slopped paint on the fence. I think I still have a few spots of paint on me.
Other news: I dyed my hair. Again. Nothing too crazy. Just a nice brown. I wanted to get rid of the roots showing from last time and even out the color.
I learned to Brawl too. A good skill to have I think.
I found the good Chinese place on campus, and the all you can eat place, and the place that's almost always open. Also good to know.
And now it's Sunday. Yay football day =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That fence thing sounds like a regular pahtay. I wish we had cool stuff like that.
How're classes going?
Post a Comment