That's what this is. Prison. I can't go home. I'm stuck here with a bunch of other people likewise stuck here. I get visitors on the odd weekend.
My days are structured. I have classes, and some off time, but it's just enough for a meal before I'm back to class. By the time I'm done with all that, it's time for dinner and homework. Oh the joy.
I need to get the hell out of here, but there's nowhere to go. Even if I were to go home. What's there? A family that I wouldn't really interact with anyway, and a boyfriend who has to work all weekend. And then what would happen? I'd have spent a weekend sitting in my empty room with a bunch of homework and be too exhausted for classes on Monday, which I don't need any more help screwing up.
Why? Because I haven't been taking as many notes as I guess I should have. Turns out lecture powerpoints are only online until the next lecture, so using those as notes doesn't actually work. So that sucks. Chem is pwning me. But that will be fixed...except that to take separate notes for chem and math will require twice the notebook space. Which I can't carry. So now I'm going to start transferring notes to a notebook or something. That'll get fixed.
It's been suggested that I ought to enjoy college. I don't have much to do and don't have anyone nagging me to do things. But that's worse. I have to do my own shit. I have to remember everything on my own, or I'm screwed. Not that that's a problem. I remember most things. And I've figured out the doing class for real thing pretty quickly, so I hope that's ok. I'm sure it will be.
And every time I eat something, I hate it because it's all fast food here. I feel like there's no way to avoid getting fat. There is no option unless I want to live on salad and pass out from lack of protein every day ><
So all in all, this week's been shit and it's only Tuesday. And there isn't even Gilmore Girls to make it better.
Edit: I'm going home. Not for a few weeks, but I'm coming home =') Yay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, Molly. That sucks, I'm sorry. If it's any consolation (which I'm sure it's not, but hey...) I had a pretty crappy day yesterday and most of it revolved around wanting really badly to go home.
If you ever want to come visit me instead of going home, you're welcome to do so :D my air mattress may not be exceptional for your back, though...
<3 Chin up?
Mary
Post a Comment