Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Angst-fest over

Ok, so last night, after that ridiculously emo couple of hours, I figured out what was bothering me, and tried to work out how to fix everything.

The Chem thing is easy: I'll just go and watch the lectures online. (It's really lucky that they're there.) I'll take notes and set up a a new system of having notes in a binder, and then just bringing looseleaf paper to class to take notes with, which was my original plan that for some reason didn't get implemented.

The math thing should get resolved...ish. I talked to Dr. Mackey, who's kind of in charge of the math department, so that should help a bit.

The general feeling of overwhelmed I've tried to combat by writing out each individual task I have to do on a post it, which is then tacked into the small strip of corkboard embedded in my wall. That way I have a list of sorts, but it's not as daunting.

As for the missing home and those who live there, well, I'll be home in three weeks. I bought a ticket last night, and I get to go home for the weekend of October 4th. And three weeks is a lot sooner than five. And that makes it easier to bear.

I've also decided that, while I may feel like a loner, I'm going to spend more time in my room. I'll also be more committed to class work, so that helps. It will make me feel less like I'm putting on a "social face" all the time. The upkeep on that 24/7 is ridiculous. I'm just emotionally exhausted from being involved in friendships here.

Also, I'm going to get more sleep. Period. If that means scheduling naps and going to be earlier, fine. It will. I need to not be sleepy for classes anymore.

All of that should serve to reduce my stress level, and help my back. More rest, less exertion, less stress.

I also plan to find some sort of artistic hobby. It'll probably be going back to my sketchpad and designing some new stuff. However, I'm going to stop into the art store on campus and see what there is there that I could do.

Thanks for being there for me everyone. =) I'm going to try to not meltdown as much so you won't have to worry about me too much.

No comments: