Thursday, September 20, 2012

*RAGE*

Okay, so, we already know I dislike ModCloth because, while I adore their cute clothes, a TON of their dresses don't allow for wearing a bra, and therefore exclude many women from their clientele. However, this gem just showed up on my Facebook sidebar:
http://tinyurl.com/cwfhsfe
Check out the photo of the back. See those straps? Those are straps from the slip that's included. Proving that even ModCloth can't make an undergarment that will work under ModCloth dresses >< This is not okay! Straps seen usually are bra straps, and TACKY. Fashion seriously disgusts me sometimes. I get it Facebook. I often click the ModCloth ads, so clearly you should continue showing them to me. But Christ, couldn't you find me some ads that are for fashion that doesn't blow?

And while I'm at it, I'm gonna vent other ModCloth rage:
"'I have enough dresses,' said no one, ever." was their headline ad for a while there.
You know who's said that? Me. Several friends of mine. **EDIT: This literally just happened in my room. Mary said 'Me.' So fuck y'all. /EDIT** Most girls I know, as it turns out. Because you know what aren't all that useful? Dresses. Like, they're pretty, and woohoo for taking casual dresses to everyday. Great. I'm all for it, because I like classy, well dressed women. But you know what? They just aren't practical. And they certainly aren't cost effective. So fuck you ModCloth. You continue to alienate real people with your branding. Good job.

No comments: