Thursday, July 16, 2009

Understanding

So, I just figured something out while I was doing my daily jigsaw puzzle:

I like being the only one to do something. It used to be that I could do a lot of things that I really loved and could be the only girl doing them, so I was "the girl". I also like being important to people. Like...to have a specific role. Confidant, Gossip Girl pal, etc.

I used to try to fiercely protect those titles and got upset if they were threatened.I'm trying to let go of that now. It's impossible to be special to everyone. And if I am, well cool. If not, I'll try to be happy with what I can get.

1 comment:

IntellectualTheft said...

You're special to me. I don't think I have a label picked out or anything, but you do happen to fill a special part of my needy soul whose emptiness would make me extremely uncomfortable.

Besides. If anything, you're the only girl Rich is dating, yes?