Wednesday, June 2, 2010

And now for something completely different:

I'm going to start blogging every day this summer if I can/remember to. I'm out of town this weekend, so I might skip a bit, but...you get the point. Going to chronicle daily accomplishments. Hopefully I actually have something to say every day.

I'll start with today and maybe some other stuff I've already done. Here we go:

Today I finally got around to unpacking my jewelry and some stuff for filing, so that was good. Reminds me of a quote from "Under the Tuscan Sun" just after she bought the house:

"The trick to overcoming buyer's remorse is to have a plan. Pick one room and make it yours."

I don't have a whole house, but I have a room that has all of my stuff in it, so it's close. So far I've gotten my clothes put away, and my dresser is done. Working through it all is exhausting. I've also been purging, so that's good. Gave away a bunch of jewelry and some books today, another step in a good direction.

Other stuff done this summer:

Mani/pedi. Read the first two books in the Anne of Green Gables series. Rearranged my bedroom furniture. Gotten to mid-third season NCIS. A few vintage dress alterations. Prepped the dining table and chairs for painting. Started learning to golf. Re-started my work on getting my drivers license.

So...yeah...that's all done. Gonna paint my nails and go to bed.

1 comment:

IntellectualTheft said...

I like the idea of you blogging every day. It makes me feel like I'm hanging out with you...when that has actually happened zero times to date.

One of these days, it's actually going to work. Mark my words.