So it's been a semester since I last posted, and now I'm feeling sick and melancholy so I'm not going to get anymore studying in so I figure...update time! ...yeah.
This semester has been...interesting. I made new friends. (NO WAY!!) Taught a bunch. (YAY!!) Took way less pictures than ever before. (Could be good) Was depressed. (maybe?) Got over it (hopefully?) Saw another requiem. (Dressed up!) Changed my hair color twice. ( <3 red! ) Made it through my first year without Mr. Green pretty well (Thanks Michael Van Camp!)
...Yeah. A lot happened.
Friends first!
Eric, Dave, Jake...someone find the pattern!! Just like most of my other good friends: Male. Love it. =) (Although I'm pretty sure the only two people who read this are a couple of lovely ladies) I actually managed to form what I hope will be lasting and serious friendships with these guys. One for sure. One will be iffy. One's too new to tell. (Not in the same order they were named)
Teaching was super-fantastic. The section of students I taught at the beginning of the semester was the top of the pack when I was teaching them. (Actual fact) Because of this, and because I had previously volunteered for it, I was chosen to take over a different section from our head CA who had too much on her plate. This section was taught at 8:30am. Less than fun. And less than enthusiastic. But it worked out alright. The CA who had been assisting me took over my section, and my new assistant CA was Eric! He's snarky and entertaining and made 8:30am suck way less.
I've also been doing some volunteering at a local middle school helping lead an activity called "computational thinking" which is like an intro to computer science type thing. It's pretty cool. I hope I get to do it again in the spring.
The taking less pictures thing is relevant because I think it speaks to the fact that I've been spending way more time with people and way less time alone. Also that I've been busier with less time to stop for a photo. I think 2011 will be the year I do a photo-a-day thing.
I don't know if I was actually depressed, but there was some shitty time in the middle of the semester roundabouts October. I almost ended my relationship like...every other day. I'm still unsure on that part, but I'm definitely not as down on life as I was then. I'm hoping this month off at home will help me get things figured out.
That's pretty much my semester in a nutshell...it's already a long post so I'll not try to come up with more.
And here's where I acknowledge an audience: If you want to know more about something, comment and ask. I feel like the people who read this might actually be interested in more details.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I want to know more, chica. About everything, if there is more about it all, otherwise just the October, friendships, and teaching things.
But I will hopefully see you sometime in the next few weeks, so, we can talk to each other face to face about this :D
Post a Comment